Tuesday, February 8, 2011

La Vie en Rose

For an even better reading experience, it is advised to listen to this as you read:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IJzYAda1wA

Life is fabulous. It is incredibly hard, frustrating, exasperating, infuriating, but insanely amazing. This principle alone is such a strong indicator of the existence of a loving Heavenly Father, it's overwhelming. My wonderful family, friends, opportunities, and trials, are all huge in making me the person I am today.
The growth from trials is essential. We are supposed to make mistakes, and there's no way we won't. We just have to remember to try as hard as we can, forget ourselves, and love every single person around us. Grace takes care of the rest, and we don't even have to worry about anything else. I've always loved the quote (of course, worded differently) to not let the things we're not sure about, make us doubt the things we know. I don't know very much, but what I do, I'm positive about, and nothing is more comforting. Life is a journey we need to enjoy, despite how exasperating it gets, because with the right perspective, the pro's exponentially outweigh the cons. Even the cons are beautiful in their own way, and we'll never experience life again, so we need to live everyday with a thirst of every kind of knowledge and gratitude in our hearts. I, myself, need to remember this, and I am going to start working on it more. I'm grateful for all of you and how amazing you truly are!

3 comments:

Laura Burtis said...

Wow Trace! I absolutely love this! My fave "Life is a journey we need to enjoy... The Pro's exponentially outweigh the cons..." Love it! So perfectly said. And you Trace, are absolutely amazing! I love and adore you!!!

Robmary said...

i went through something similar a few months ago...but i figured that we knew we were gonna feel happiness and joy but also fear and pain...and FEELING in and of itself is was such a beautiful idea that we didnt care...we begged our father to let us come and savor every amazing aspect of life :)

Tracie said...

P.S. No, I'm not having a hard time. I just felt like sharing. :)